Avantalytics allows our users to set up a variety of notifications, both via email and in an insight panel designed specifically to aggregate notifications. There are many possible notifications - some popular notifications include: POS sales data uploads, merchandiser clock out monitoring, new customer reviews and price changes. There are many more, so check out our step-by-step guide below to learn about all of the notification options available to you and how to set them up.
To navigate to and activate notifications (click on all images to enlarge):
- Navigate to the Settings menu. You can access this in the upper-right hand side of the page or below the flyout menu on the left:
- Navigate to "Manage Notifications" in the upper-left hand side of the page:
- Depending on your permissions, you will have a number of notification options to choose from. They are displayed in an accordion-style menu:
- We recommend taking a few moments to familiarize yourself with all of your options, as they vary from user to user. Clicking on each notification type expands it and displays a helpful description of what each notification does and displays the options for setting up the notification. In this example, we will set up the Data Flow - New POS Data is Ready notification which is for when new POS data is loaded into the system and ready for analysis:
- Each notification is tied to an individual retailer. So in this instance, if you want to set up a notification for when POS data is ready for both Home Depot and Lowe's, you will need to set up two separate notifications. You also have two delivery options. You can "receive notifications," which means all notifications aggregate in the system and will load in a notifications insight panel (we'll get to that soon), or you can "receive emails," which, of course, means that the notification will be sent to the email you have on file with Avantalytics. Let's go ahead and set up our notifications for both Home Depot and Lowe's to be sent via email and through the insight panel. When you are done selecting from the drop down menus, click "Save Options" on the bottom left:
- Now that our Home Depot notification is saved, we'll set up our Lowe's notification. But first, let's check the "Existing Notifications" tab next to the "New Notification" tab. As we can see below, our new Home Depot notification is now saved under the "Existing Notifications" tab. As you can see, deleting the notification is as simple as clicking the red X. Now create an identical notification for Lowe's. If you know you only want to receive email notifications, then this is the end of the tutorial for you. If you want to learn how to access notifications through an insight panel, continue reading:
- Head back up to the top menu and select or create a view where you want to put your notification panel:
- Under "Efficiency Insights," locate the panel called "User Notifications Insight." Click on this and then click "Add Insight."
- Now you have a handy panel that shows you the latest updates. Under the settings gear, you can control which types of notifications to be displayed and how many notifications. You're all set!