While we strive to automate as many processes for our customers as possible, sometimes it is helpful or even necessary for you to share a large file with Avantalytics. Perhaps you are on-boarding for the first time, or adding a new retailer for us to monitor, and you need to send us historical data. Perhaps you need to send a file that is simply too large for email. Avantalytics' integrated File Share feature will make this process simple and secure.
To get started (click on all images to enlarge):
- Login to Avantalytics and access Raw Data Upload > File Share Upload from the fly-out menu.
- From here, you have a few options. You can begin uploading files directly, or you can make folders. The Upload File and Create Folder buttons are both available on the upper left-hand side of the screen.
- In this example, we'll start by creating a new folder. When you click Create Folder, a dialog box will pop up, where you can name the folder and then click Create.
- Once our folder is created, and we have clicked on the folder to open it, we can begin to upload our files. We can use the Upload File button in the upper left, or click the hyperlink under the Name column.
- Once you click one of these buttons, a gray landing area displays where you can either drag and drop your files onto the area or click on it to bring up the folder navigator.
- If you opt to use the file navigation to upload photos, get to the group of photos you want to upload. From there you can select a single image or hold down the shift or ctrl keys to select multiple images. When you are done, click Open.
- Once you select your files, a preview of the files is displayed. When you are ready to upload, click the Upload Files button on the bottom left.
Once you click Upload Files, a progress bar for each image will display, showing you the status of the upload. Once the upload is complete, a green checkmark lets you know that the file uploaded successfully.
If your image has a red X instead of a green checkmark, that's your clue that the upload failed and re-uploading the file is necessary.
Lastly, if you want to amend your files, right-clicking on the file brings up several options: Duplicate, Rename, Remove and Download. Clicking on Rename brings up a dialog box that allows you to enter a new name for your file.
If you'd like to learn more, watch our 3 minute tutorial video below!