Once you've got the hang of uploading files and creating folders, you can extend the utility of the fileshare by allowing other users within your organization read and/or write access to your files. In so doing you can create and share easily with your team from one central location. Read more to learn how.
To get started (click on all images to enlarge):
- Login to Avantalytics and access Raw Data Upload > File Share Upload from the fly-out menu.
- We assume you have one or more files to share. Below is a screenshot that is typical:
- Now right click on one of the files and choose "Properties" from the context menu to expose the file properties flyout menu on the right.
- You should see a list of activated users who currently have access to the file for reading and or editing / writing. To add new users click the corresponding button and you'll be presented with a user list to select one or more users.
- To remove users, simply click their name from the appropriate list and press the "Remove User" button.
- In some cases you may wish to create public links to allow un-authenticated users access to your file in a read-only fashion. To create a link click the "Add Public Link" button and refresh the properties to view the new link in the listing below.